how I create my face | courtneyleighblogs

I thought it was about time I wrote an updated face of the day post as I feel like my routine has changed a little bit, so I thought I'd share it with you. You can read my old 'face of the day' routine here, enjoy!


Products I use daily.


To start off with, the first thing I will always do is moisturise, I use the same moisturiser everyday and that is the Nivea Refreshingly Soft moisturiser and then to protect my skin from the sun I then go on top with the Ps Beach Protect Mattifying face cream. This leaves my skin with a nice glow however, it can be quite sticky which is why I use this product as a primer and it works perfectly fine.

Nivea soft moisturiser, Ps Beach Protect sunscreen.




For my foundation, I've recently fell back in love with the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation, I started to re-use this a few weeks ago and I've fell in love with all over again. I'd say it was full coverage foundation as it covers all my blemishes and it stays on for a very long time. To conceal and lighten areas of my face I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, this is a staple concealer in my collection and is the one concealer I reach back for every time. To set all the areas I concealed I use the MUA Skin Define Hydro Powder, I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder however I much prefer this MUA powder, it's super lightweight and doesn't look cakey when I top up throughout the day to cover any oilyness.




To bronze up and highlight my face I use 3 different products which seems obsessive but I swear its nothing major. For a cream bronzer I use the Ps Conturing Palette from Primark, as you can see it's pretty obvious what shade I use, I just use this add a bit of colour into my face, I also think this makes my powder bronzer stick a little better too. I then go in with the bronze shade 'Caramel Kiss' from the Tanya Burr Beautifully Defined Palette and just add a little more colour over the cream bronzer. Then to add a little pop of highlight, this alters from day to day depending on how glam I want to go, most of the time I will just use the shimmer shade 'champagne shimmer' from the same Tanya Burr palette.. If I want to add a little more pop I will use my Sleek Solstice Palette




To finish off my face, I do my eyebrows last, I'm no where near expert material when it comes to doing my eyebrows, I only ever fill them in just to make them a little more defined. I use the Makeup Revolution HD Pro Brow Palette to fill them in as I feel like this palette has a lot of variations of shades and powder / creams to chose from. I only ever use the top left powder to fill my brows in as I find this is the lightest shade to match my natural colour and the easiest to blend out.


After all this is done, I just go over my whole face with the MUA powder just to set everything in place and they spray my face with a setting spray. At the moment, the setting spray I've been using is the Kiko Make Up Fixer Spray. This one feels like I'm spraying hairspray or something on my face, it's not a liquid setting spray that I was expecting it to be. However I love this one because it's not sticky and I don't have to wait for it to dry.


This is how I create my face daily, or on most days when I can be bothered to make an effort. Let me know if you've used any of these products or what products you'd recommend, I'd love to know! Thanks for reading!









No comments