5 go - to movies | courtneyleighblogs

top 5 go - to movies.


I'm a huge movie lover, so when it comes to a Sunday, throwing on my pyjamas, putting the heating on, grabbing loads of junk food and putting on a movie is my favourite thing to do. Typically I always go for the same films over and over again so I though I'd share with you my top 5 go to films. Enjoy!

Girl on the train, Me before you, Bridget Jones's baby, Legend, Bridget Jones's Diary



Been waiting on this film for what seems like forever after reading the book and it didn't disappoint. If you haven't heard about this film, you definitely need to know about it, it's so so good! I found the film a little hard to follow at first because of how much it jumps back and forth from flashbacks / time differences etc. I would definitely recommend reading the book beforehand though as the book is amazing and makes it a little easier to follow.


LOVE this film. Although it's a heart string puller it's still one of the best films I've seen. It's a soppy loving film but it's got the quirky humour side throughout it which is why it's such a good film. Definitely keeps you hooked the whole way through. And my boyfriend likes this film so it must be a good one.


If you're an ultimate Bridget lover like me then you NEED this film in your life. I waited so long for this film to come out and I don't think I'd ever been so excited for a film to come out. This in my opinion is definitely my favourite Bridget Jones film, it's so funny and the ending! Ah I was so shocked at the ending but it was such a good ending to a film which is rare for me to say because I usually moan about endings being rubbish. LOVE LOVE LOVE.


I don't know why I like this film so much, I'm usually against violence films but I think I must've watched this film like 50 times. It's such a good film and the way Tom Hardy plays both the brothers is such a clever idea. Definitely isn't one I'd recommend if you're not into the violent type of films but if you like action and an intense film then I'd definitely go and watch this.


Ultimate chick flick fav. I've honestly lost count on how many times I've watched this film, one of those film that no matter how many times I watch it I'll never get bored of it. Definitely one of those films I turn to if i want cheering up or if I'm having a 'meh' day. The film that blossomed the love for all things Bridget Jones and big 'bridget underwear!'. 


A short little post today as I've been feeling rough the last few days and dvd's had become my bestfriends. Let me know what your favourite movies are, I'd love to know! Thank you for reading!




Bloglovin   

30 comments

  1. I'm so bad with films, but all of these sound really good! I really want to get around to watching some of these! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend my life watching movies I swear!! You definitely should xx

      Delete
  2. I love all these movies! Girl on the train was amazing and me befor you was so beautiful!

    www.harrietday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me before you is such a heart breaker haha! X

      Delete
  3. Omg I love all these films! Girl on the Train is so, so good one of my faves and Me Before You is just one of the cutest and beautiful films ever! love this post b! x

    sami | possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved girl on the train! Definitely a thrill seeking film! & yes such a heartbreaker!! thank you! Xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen Legend but I love the other films on this list, especially Bridget Jones's Diary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legend is a really good film! I didn't think I was going to like it but I love it! can't go wrong with a bit of Bridget! X

      Delete
  5. I love Bridget Jones's Baby! I watched it on a transatlantic flight then again when I landed. My go to movie is Pretty Woman.
    ArnelleAlexis | www.justmadethecut. com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's such a good idea bet that was an enjoyable flight haha! I've heard good stuff about that one but never actually watched it myself! X

      Delete
  6. I love Bridget Jones it's just such a wonderful story & I cried at the third one when it came out
    I also love ledgend what a fantastic film. I haven't seen the other ones but I really want to watch them. Lovely post xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so super excited when the third one was announced and it's definitely one of my favs! Legend really is a good film, I don't think it was ever given enough credit! Thank you :-) x

      Delete
  7. I haven't actually watched any of these movies, have to add them too the list to watch. I'm more of an animated film fan, Disney Hercules is one of my all time favourites xx

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really that's cool! I do like the odd animation film I'm usually the one finding it funnier than most people though haha! Oo I haven't seen that I don't think I'll definitely have to give it a watch x

      Delete
  8. I saw me before you last week, It's really good. I really need to see the girl on the train

    https://letsgotravel.blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would definitely watch but girl on the train if you like a thriller / action kind of film x

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love Bridget Jones! She is so funny! And so relatable! I am so jealous of her London flat! So cool! I haven't seen the girl on the train but have heard loads though! xx C&K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always said I'm jealous of her flat, definitely something I want to be living in hahah! It's definitely a really good film I would highly recommend it to anyone xx

      Delete
  10. I loved the girl on the train! I read Gone Girl a few years ago and the film adaptation is amazing i'd definitely recommend it since they're written by the same author, its a similar kind of tone with a good twist.

    Fab post hun!

    Laura xo
    www.wartsandallweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend watched Gone Girl ages ago and he said it was quite good so I was going to read the book but never got round too I did end up watching the film and I really liked it!

      Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  11. Me Before You absolutely ruined me. I read the book first, then went to the cinema twice and literally cried for like half the film both occasions.

    Kelly x
    https://jellywiththebelly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you're not the only one!! Even my boyfriend was close to tears hahah xx

      Delete
  12. Loved this post about your fave films! I was blown away by girl on the train and glad it lived up to the book xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/2017/02/why-self-belief-is-so-important.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the film but I do think my heart still lies with the book xx

      Delete
  13. I haven't seen Legend yet but I did enjoy The Girl on a Train. Did you read the book for that one? (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did yes! And as much as I loved the film I think my heart lies with the book xx

      Delete
  14. Don't think we've seen Me before you yet actually but everything else is spot on!

    Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen Me Before You yet, I've been staying away from films that might make me cry haha! I LOVE the Bridget Jones films though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely the only reason I didn't want to watch it haha! It's sad but it's sort of uplifting st the same time.. Bridget jones cannot go wrong! X

      Delete